Renew membership by February 28, 2018!
Festival: April 30-May 4, 2018
It looks like there are more festival entries than last year!
There were questions regarding if you want to donate a trophy to festival. It costs the committee $8 per trophy to add another plaque for student name every year, which is a bit expensive. You could also consider giving money to the festival and allowing the committee the freedom to put the money where they see best.
The committee will work on organizing Prep A and Prep B entries – probably putting the Canadian entries for winning the Canadian trophy and keeping List B pieces separate. The program is being put together – digital and hard copy. We will let you know when the digital copy is on the website.
Cover art contest vote: Susanna Metzger won!
Treasurer report given from Ewa – both the festival and branch finances. It would be nice to have a branch/business credit card – for smug mug etc. Ewa can ask Envision. Ewa will also order cheques for festival. We are pleased with the online festival registration and payment. PayPal is a convenient way of payment, but we could encourage more e-transfers next year.
President report given from Jean - Numbers to our monthly meetings are low (about 30% of our members attend). The more you get involved, the more you get invested to making our branch a success! Attendance is higher at our December and June luncheons, maybe we need more luncheons per year 🙂
Joyce says there are lots of composition booklets left to be sold.
It was suggested to change branch meeting dates to the last Friday of the month, but we won't make this change until September.
Jean encouraged our branch in the areas that we are doing well – strong leadership, strong festival committee, we encourage one another not compete against each other, we have a great website and the accomplishment of the Young Artists Concert. Sadly, yet understandably, Jean announced that she needs to step down from president position. Jean, thank you for your many years of service in leadership and your faithful commitment to our branch. All your work has been appreciated so much!
- President: we talked about having co-president roles. Calvin has agreed to take on a co-president position, until June. We need one other person to help co-president.
- Treasurer: Ewa
- Secretary: Jocelyn
- Venue/Host – Marilyn
- Refreshments – Dina
- Social media – Stacy
- Restaurant luncheon gatherings – Caitlin
- Workshop – Calvin
- Student recitals – Celeste-tina
- Starbucks draw prizes – Leona
- (Toonie event – revist annually)
- Canada Music Week Recital: Jean will oversee the event
– Convener: Joyce
– Collect highest marks: Jean
– Display marks on board: Caitlin
– Venue securer: Joyce (Peace Lutheran Church would be a great venue for us)
– 2 set up people: Betty and Ewa
– 2 clean up people: Betty and Ewa
– Refreshments: Adele
– Photos: Dina
– Kahoots game: Dina
If your branch role involves alot of work or a small amount of work, we really appreciate you and how you are contributing to our branch! Thanks everyone.
Starbucks draw: Joyce won!
Next meeting: March 2, 2018 at CVAM at 10 am
Student recital: Saturday March 10, 2018
– Maplewood House 1919 Jackson Street
– Time 1:30 pm
– Please email Celeste-tina your student names, names of pieces and approximate LENGTH of piece of those who would like to participate. Any level of student is welcome to play! The deadline for submission of names to Celeste-tina is March 8, unless an overwhelming number of students come forward, in which case the recital will be cut off after approximately one hours' worth of playing time has been submitted.
Festival box assembly: April 6, 2018
Jane Coop workshop April 21, 2018 – send your applications to Valley Concert Society
Friday May 4 we won't be meeting, as the festival is happening this day
Year end luncheon May 25, 2018, combining our May and June meetings