Senior home student recital on Saturday, March 10, 2018. Email Celeste-tina your students names and pieces. Deadline March 8 – this is coming fast!
Jane Coop workshop and masterclass April 21, 2018 at Peace Lutheran Church. Buy tickets on the Valley Concert Society website (www.valleyconcertsociety.com), student price is $25 and teacher price is $40 for all the events – masterclass, workshop and chamber music concert. Also, Jane Coop will be performing on May 5, 2018 for the regular VCS season. Students and teachers who participate in the workshop and masterclass may add a ticket to the concert at a reduced rate.
Festival April 30 - May 5, 2018 Honours concert Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Adjudicators: Catherine Bundt, Bernard Duerksen and Joseph Elworthy
- April 1st deadline to return trophies to Caitlin Unrau (or bring trophies to branch meeting on April 6). Beth will send out an email to the specific teachers with students who have trophies.
- We need someone who will make a sign up genius online for volunteer positions that need to be filled. This needs to be done soon! Please be willing to help, especially if you have lots of students entered.
- Digital program will be ready by March 15! Paper program will be out the beginning of April.
- Accompanist award for student pianists – what a great opportunity.
- Programs will be sold for $5 and our composition books for $10 at the festival door.
- Many people volunteered for different tasks:
- design certificates – Dina,
- fill out certificates – Jean and Caitlin (one more?),
- thank you cards – Dina and Leona,
- Caitlin will clean the trophies,
- booking hotels for our adjudicators – Calvin and Jean,
- Calvin has worked hard at advertising and receiving sponsors,
- church set up will happen on Friday, April 29.
- Reminders: there is no trophy for the own choice class. However, those students could still win the most outstanding performance award etc. There is a trophy and a gift certificate for both Prep A and Prep B levels. Primary category has a Canadian trophy.
Next meeting April 6, 2018 festival boxes! Location at Beth Nickel's house.
Dina Pollock has stepped forward to be our next branch president, we voted yes!
Refreshment coordinator to replace Dina – tea, coffee, cream etc, and ask someone to bring snacks. (Beth will make the tea and coffee for our April meeting. *Can someone bring snacks?)
Ewa and Betty are the featured artists in a piano extravaganza in Chilliwack, October 2018. Open to all levels of piano students. Apply online at chilliwacksymphony.com. Deadline is April 2, 2018. Abbotsford auditions are on April 11. Audition cost $50.
Website Dina informed us that next year we may need to upgrade security for our website for online festival registrations (protect names, emails, credit cards) – to have a SSL certificate and a dedicated IP address. Cost is $179 per year. The festival finances would cover the cost.
Membership deadline is now closed, register with extra fee.
Starbucks draw – Diane won!
May 25, 2018 luncheon meeting