Meeting was held via zoom at 10:30 prior to an outstanding workshop by Jarred Dunn
- Insurance Policy: new carrier. There would be an increase of $20.00/year in January/February.
- The attending members decided to go for a $10.00 only increase for this year.
- Photos of the students with their awards are due to Dina by the end of Friday, November 13, 2020
- The National Conference scheduled for next year will be virtual. Both the piano and vocal competitions will also be virtual. Anyone wish to be involved?
- A card from Rafael thanking the branch and Betty for being able to compete in the provincial competition was presented.
Canada Music Week:
- 16 performances entered by the 6th. The 13th is the deadline. 22 performances accepted.
- It is a live zoom event without recordings being accepted for this recital. (an opportunity to see if this is a viable option for the festival should live not be doable)
- Dina will send a link to teachers. Teachers can then distribute to their students.
- Microphones should be muted until it is time for the student to play.
- November 27, at 7:00 p.m. via zoom
- Jean talked about whether or not to continue as RCM rep and the members present requested that she remain as Abbotsford’s voice.
- ZOOM Workshop on December 4 at 11:00 with Jarred Dunn
- Length: 1 hour
- Topic: Meddling or Pedaling: Chopin, Debussy, and Messiaen
- Cost: also covered by BCRMTA Professional Development monies
- January: festival
- February workshop: Physically Informed approach to playing
- March AGM
The workshop following the meeting was outstanding! If you were unable to attend, please make note of the one on December 4th. He is very engaging and knowledgeable! THESE ARE NOT BEING RECORDED!